The story goes… a man cheats on her women, gets busted and she leaves him. Hold on a second, this is the 21st Century and things are different. In fact, up to 75% of couples who have experienced infidelity end up staying together.
So, the question of the day is WHY do women stay when they have been cheated on?
Here are the 5 Reasons WHY Women Stay After They Have Been Cheated On.
1. They are scared of being alone. Loneliness is an emotional state and a powerful feeling of bareness and isolation. Women want companionship or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, detached, and/or withdrawn from other people, so that it feels difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Women hate it and they know when they are together with their man, they get comfortable with each other and the thought of leaving that comfort zone can be scary.
2. Staying for the children. It has been confirmed over and over that the best way for children to grow up is in a safe and functional two parent home. While a woman may be hurt by her husband or partner’s infidelity, she can still put her own feelings aside and decide that she will do what is best for her children.
3. Money and financial security. When a man and a woman divorce, the ex-wife’s standard of living will drop considerable. Yes we are in the 21st Century, and women are working moms, but women still depend on on their husbands for necessities like health insurance and their homes. Even if a woman does not entirely rely on her man for her fundamentals, leaving her husband often means cutting the household income in half.
4. Accepting that it is what it is. Occasionally a woman will be realistic and distinguish that the man she is with is human and no one is faultless. Looking at the relationship from this viewpoint, a woman can be more compassionate and accepting of her man even if it seems to bystanders that he should be thrown to the wolves. It may be that the woman looks at her man’s unfaithfulness as an error in decision making and has hope that he will not make that error again.
5. Being tied together professionally. When two people enter a relationship, specifically matrimony, their lives become more and more tangled. For most couples, their marriage or relationship is not the only partnership that they have; they may also be business partners and the collapse of the marriage would not be a smart move to make. If both parties have worked hard to get a business to a high level of success, neither of them would want to see it bomb.
When it’s all said and done, , a woman has to do what is correct for herself, her husband and her children and while we may not comprehend her resolution, or may even strongly disagree with it, we must respect her decision to make it.